Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2018 and How to Apply for CRS Jobs
Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2018, In this article you will get latest updates on Catholic Relief Services 2018 recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2018 and How to Apply for CRS Jobs – Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Coordinator
Req Number: I4175
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Emergency Coordinator
Background/Job Summary – Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2018 and How to Apply for CRS Jobs
- Now in its ninth year, the Lake Chad Basin crisis has been estimated to affect 10.7 million people in one of the world’s poorest, most drought-prone regions.
- As of January 2018, an estimated 5.2 million people are in dire need of emergency food assistance in Northeast Nigeria.
- Despite a scale up in humanitarian assistance, significant gaps remain, as thousands of people affected by the conflict have not been reached with adequate humanitarian support. Communities are in immediate need of food, nutrition, WASH, emergency shelter, and NFIs to save lives and restore dignity.
- Agriculture and livelihood support remain key as the ongoing humanitarian response transitions to support early recovery and resilience. Social Cohesion forms an integral part of the overall response.
- To effectively respond to the crisis, CRS’ Northeast Nigeria emergency and early recovery program provides a holistic support package including food assistance, nutrition, NFI, WASH, shelter, agriculture, livelihoods, and social cohesion for both IDPs and host families.
- Where possible, CRS seeks to maximize project impact, efficiency and effectiveness by adopting market based approaches through e-vouchers and empowering targeted communities through participatory approaches.
- The primary roles for Emergency MEAL Coordinator include providing technical and field level support to improving emergency MEAL and information management systems in CRS’ emergency responses in Northeast Nigeria.
Specific Responsibilities – Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2018 and How to Apply for CRS Jobs
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Champion and maintain a robust MEAL system for emergency response where MEAL related documents, reports and tools including ICT4D are organized, up-to-date and accessible.
- Lead and ensure that all emergency and early recovery projects follow CRS’ MEAL Policies and Procedures, CRS’ project management standards as they relate to MEAL.
- Ensure that donor’s MEAL and reporting requirements are adequately incorporated in projects’ M&E plans.
- Develop and continually update a MEAL operation manual in line with SMILER (Simple Measurement of Indicators for Learning and Evidence-based Reporting) approach for emergency and early recovery projects.
- Ensure the consistency of tools, indicators and methodologies for data management and analysis across projects as appropriate.
- Lead the implementation of data quality controls and annual data quality assessments to ensure the integrity of project data.
- Coordinate the implementation of program assessments and evaluations including baseline, annual, and end line assessments to recognize results of emergency response.
- Coordinate and lead needs assessments that may be required to inform new or adapted programming.
- Collaborate with the program team and Emergency Coordinator to communicate assessment findings to different stakeholders, tailored to the needs of various audiences.
- Ensure MEAL systems allow for timely and quality reporting both internally and externally and for timely decision making.
- Work closely with emergency state-based MEAL team Abuja-based MEAL Manager, ICT staff and emergency program staff to incorporate and maximize the value and utility of ICT4D initiatives, including ICT4D software, license management and necessary technical support when needed
- Conduct field monitoring visits events frequently with project teams and implementing partners. Document, summarize and report monitoring findings for program quality and decision-making purposes on regular basis.
- Conduct, document and report Post Distribution Monitoring, Real Time Evaluations and On-Site Monitoring using scientific methodologies oriented to emergency context including sampling and analysis.
- Monitor Gateway and coordinate staff for regular updates on critical and time-bound project specific information including annual BSDI updates for all emergency projects.
- Coordinate and facilitate After Action Review and reflection events for learning with Project Management and Emergency Coordinators.
- Promote learning and assist response team on documenting and implementing lessons learned and good practices.
- Coordinate and conduct annual MEAL self-assessment of emergency response with Projects and emergency response leads.
- Support the elaboration of success stories and case studies – modify as needed based on intended audience.
- Lead the development and implementation of feedback and response channels to reflect the preferences of community members and beneficiaries.
- Coordinate and support emergency response for accountability specific requirements including accountability needs for distributions interventions
- Support programming staff to incorporate participatory methods into community level M&E systems and tools.
- Orient program staff and partners on the basic principles and practices of beneficiary accountability.
- Guide project managers to ensure that they consult with male and female beneficiaries in one or more communities to define indicators for project success.
- Ensure that beneficiary feedback is adequately analyzed and documented.
- Ensure that all sensitive and not sensitive cases are channeled (including documentation) according to the framework with a high level of confidentiality and neutrality
- Coordinate with Gender and Protection Focal Persons for accountability related cases that involves gender and protection factors
Capacity Building and Supervision:
- Train and providing on job support on MEAL and ICT4D to state-based MEAL leads and their teams.
- Engage direct reports regarding their development plans, determine their professional aspirations, and manage/coach them towards development objectives.
- Provide high quality mentoring and coaching of staff and partners.
- Address poor performance promptly and constructively, ensuring fair treatment of staff by identifying, documenting and providing adequate support to address performance and behavioral issues.
- Promote a work culture in line with CRS values: promotion of international and national talents, collaboration, and uniform adherence to CRS programming principles.
Qualifications – Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2018 and How to Apply for CRS Jobs
- Master’s Degree in a field related to International Development, Research or Social Sciences or equivalent relevant experience and Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent self-motivation skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Power BI, Web Conferencing Applications, ICT4D software ad devices, information management systems.
- Experience living and working, preferably in an emergency context
- Willingness to be based in rural North-East Nigeria and travel to field locations
- Familiarity with Red Rose One System preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in a project management position involving MEAL responsibilities with an international NGO
- Strong knowledge of principles and current approaches to MEAL of development programs using both quantitative and qualitative methods, especially those of USAID
- Knowledge with beneficiary accountability mechanisms and ability to implement these
- Proficiency in database development/management, and skills in analyzing, interpreting and communicating data and information to various stakeholders
- Strong experience in conducting assessments and surveys
- Experience with facilitation, capacity strengthening and partnership building, with the capacity to empower staff through opportunities for growth & development
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals
- Supervisory experience and management and team building skills
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility
- Demonstrated personal accountability and driven to serve others
- Required/Desired Foreign Language: English fluency, including excellent oral and written skills, required.
Key Working Relationships – Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2018 and How to Apply for CRS Jobs
- Supervisory: Reports to Emergency Coordinator with support from the CRS Nigeria MEAL Coordinator (Abuja-based). Supervises state-based MEAL Manager.
- Internal: Emergency program team, in particular WASH, Shelter, Livelihoods, Cash and Food Program Managers; Admin and Finance Managers, CRS Nigeria MEAL Coordinator (Abuja-based), CR, DCR Operations, Program Quality Manager.
- External: International and local implementing partners, including Caritas; Government of Nigeria; UN agencies; USAID; program volunteers; program beneficiaries.
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
- Focuses on Improving M&E Practices: Supports M&E staff involvement to strengthen all phases of project design, planning and implementation and in responding to business development opportunities.
- Actively Promotes Evidence-based Programming: Ensures colleagues value and apply M&E and other sources of information to improve strategic and programmatic decision-making.
- Strengthens the Capacity of Others to Implement Quality Systems: Guides others to develop attitudes, approaches and activities that lead to better M&E in CRS.
MEAL Competencies – Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2018 and How to Apply for CRS Jobs
- Each CRS staff member working in emergencies is expected to use the following competencies to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Communicates strategically under pressure.
- Manages stress and complexity.
- Actively promotes safety and security.
- Manages and implements high-quality emergency programs.
How to Apply For Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2018 and How to Apply for CRS Jobs
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 23rd May, 2018.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2018, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.