Having a grip over the local SEO campaign is a sure shot way of boosting your business or online marketing base in a localized market concentrated around you. The challenges associated with Local SEO campaigning is markedly different from non-Geo Specific Campaigns and hence, requires different strategies and a new approach.
Ignoring Local SEO and instead of focusing on a generic SEO campaign might make your business suffer by alienating the local target market. The loss incurred by failing to realize lost potential is also a negative aspect of not focusing on Local SEO.
Before You Start: What are the Basics?
To be featured within the local pack listings, you need to first focus on building upon the basic to do list regarding your website. This ensures that you get the best possible results when you do get into the hardcore Local SEO campaign.
Google My Business
The very first thing to do with your business website is that you will need to claim Google My Business page. Once you have successfully managed to set up your very own business page in Google, you must take care to fulfil the following requirements:
• Make sure to add a long but unique description, which is properly formatted and contains all the necessary links.
• Choosing and describing the correct categories for your business is important.
• Upload photos that do not compromise in quality and are aesthetically pleasing.
• Add your local phone number to your listing. Make this number consistent throughout your profile.
• Mention your business address that is consistent with that on your website and local directories.
• Photographs work wonders. Upload a high-resolution profile image and cover photo.
• Add your business hours in your website.
• Ask your customers to provide a genuine review in your website.
Maintaining Consistent NAP Information (Name, Address, Phone Number)
Consistency is important here. When your whole online presence directs to a singular, well defined entity the Local SEO index never fails to return a positive feedback.
• Please make sure that your full NAP across is present on every page in your whole website consistently. Using it in the footer section is an easy way to do so.
• Always use the exact same details/format when you mention your address on other websites. Consistent local citations enhance your visibility and relevance in digital media.
• Use org mark-upon your NAP to give the search engines all they need to display your company information correctly.
• Adding a Google Map Location of your business to your website is also a good way of linking your NAP with search engines.
Be it in Google or Yelp, local reviews carry a lot of weight and make a direct impact on local search rankings. It will be well worth the effort if you spend some amount of time trying to acquire them.
While Google is always of the primary importance, you must not ignore any local directory listing either. Local listings have a greater immediate impact that may build up over time and create a significant difference.
Ready to Start: Local On-Page SEO Factors
Local On-Page SEO factors mostly conform to old school SEO techniques where keywords and tag mark ups are key factors in deciding your SEO rankings.
• Try to add your City/Region and a relevant keyword, within your landing page Title Tag/ H1 Tag and URL.
• The same data can be added within your landing page content to ensure wider relevancy.
• Include all the relevant data within your landing page image ALT attributes also as image search results are also a big SEO Marker.
• Do embed a Google map with your business markerinto your landing page.
• Make sure that your business website is mobile and other device friendly. The world is moving out of the desktop and our businesses need to keep up with the changing face of searching devices and their results.
Local Link Building Strategies
Let us look at how some smart local link building campaigns can do your online business a lot of good
Here are a few to get you started:
One of the primary tasks to complete is to find local events that are relevant to the industry by checking out Meetup.com. From here on you can contact websites that offer sponsorships. Such links can be put up in your website to ensure link build-up.
Find out if there is any relevant event or meet up that can promote your business or brand. You can always start your own one, if no other such events exist. The same holds true for award shows also.
Availing the help of Press Request Services will help you be popular within the local circulation and is a great way to build a following.
Go online and find out popular websites where you can start a discussion or thread subtly promoting your brand.
Identify popular online columns that are followed in your locality and set up interviews with the same.
Ask local organisations to mention your business on their website in exchange of discounts.
Hire a local PR outreach team to get online and offline coverage in local news.
Do a thorough and regular competitive link research and try to capitalize on any new opportunities that might have been used by your competitors.
Capitalize on the local student community by offering scholarships or Jobs to local students of nearby universities.
Tick off the Checklist
In conclusion, we can see that following a few simple methods can drastically improve your Local SEO ratings and rankings. Initially try to get your Google My Business page set up.
Ensure that your business website pages are wholly optimized with keyword data that are local. Put an effort to make all your NAP listings consistent across the web and try to obtain real reviews from your customers on Google and Yelp.
Additionally, try focusing on localized link building. Optimize your search engine snippets for the best results.